Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Monday, June 12, 2006

    And the winner is...

    I just got back from a semi-lightning ride to Sydney. Apologies to all friends, relatives and nodding acquaintances in the Greater Sydney area, but it was a spur of the moment thing and I didn't have time to see anybody anyway; all I had time for was picking up twenty kilos of heroin from the airport. Don't worry about that though, it was cleverly concealed inside the cavities of a few chinese child sex slaves/ illegal immigrants, and the lefty softcock customs guys never think to look there.
    I rode down on Saturday. It's about eight hundred and fifty kilometres from here to Eternity Sydney and it rained for about eight hundred of them. I froze my nuts off. Lucky I don't use 'em much any more. I did what I had to do and started back on Sunday morning (-ish. It was about noon.) I got as far as Glenbrook afore it started to rainin' agin. Remember my nuts? Same thing. I managed to do a good deed on my way through the Blue Mountains. Some girl in a little generic hatchback (Seat?) was driving along with her back door not shut properly and I went out of my way to remedy the situation before catasphrophe befell her. Actually all I did was pull up next to her at a set of lights and tell her about it, but I'm thinking of taking up politics and I need some good news.
    My amazing powers of perception let me down shortly thereafter when I missed the Mudgee turn-off. I realised it nearly as soon as it happened but I figured there's only about thirty kilometres difference so I came home via Bathurst/ Orange etc.
    I'm not entirely certain that this was a good decision as my nuts re-attached themselves just so that they could fall off again, even harder. I wimped out at Orange and pulled up. This, too, may not have been wise as it was 5.5 degrees below zero when I left Orange this morning. Nuts, etc.
    Still, I survived.
    You may find this difficult to believe, but this filthy piece of shit I saw in the carpark of the motel in Orange is the very same bike that was shined to within an inch of its life last week. Apart from the ride out to the highway, about two killer meters, it hasn't been off the bitumen.

    8 Comments:

    Blogger rat said...

    groovy :-) nice toy, that's not the standard 'zorst is it?

    6/12/2006 03:36:00 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mebbe you needs to get you some heated kecks.

    6/12/2006 07:54:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Rat,
    it certainly is standard, looks pretty when you can tell that it's chrome.
    og,
    I assume NASA or somebody could help me out with space pants or something, but the problem could probably be avoided by not riding through sub-zero temps.

    6/13/2006 03:08:00 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We used to wear cold suits at the mills. Had tubing woven into the fabric of the underwear. Backpack with a radiator, fan, circulating pump. Kept some of the edge off in 160 degree heat, if you had to be in it all day.

    Nice looking bike, btw. I'm starting my MSF classes tonight, hope I don't kill myself on the bike at 5 mph.

    6/13/2006 04:31:00 am  
    Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

    Nuts? What are these nuts that you keep referring to? Is this some kind of antipodean slang talk? How big are the nuts and why don't you just feed them to some squirrels? Do you have squirels in Oz or just those big jumping things with pouches? And who is this Sydney fellow you mention? Is he a workmate? All very confusing...

    6/13/2006 06:14:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    og,
    what's MSF stand for? Obviously it's motorcycle something something.
    Pud,
    the nuts are huge and if any squireel tries to eat them it will become a cute little fluffy bump on the road. Those big jumping things you refer to are known as furry grasshoppers. Sydney is a homosexual financier, his real name is Gay Capital O'Thesouth.

    6/15/2006 03:07:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Squirrels, on the other hand, may stand a chance.

    6/15/2006 03:08:00 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Classes in how to ride and not become a greasy spot on the highway. Kind of thing you have to do when you have the coordination of a bucket of shite and the common sense of Steve Irwin. last night was day three, and I haven't dropped the bike on myself yet. Did just about run over a skinny broad who dropped her bike in front of me.

    6/15/2006 08:28:00 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home