Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Friday, July 29, 2005

    David Bowie is pretty average

    I was going to call this post Ch-ch-ch-changes, after the David Bowie song. Then I thought that maybe Bowie is over-rated, so I was going to call this post 'David Bowie sucks' with an explanation about the 'Changes' connection. Then I thought that 'David Bowie sucks could be construed (accurately) two ways - so I called it, well, you know what I called it.
    Anyway, the point of this post is that I am a man and as a man it is incumbent upon me to mess with repair and maintain things, even if they don't really need any messing with repairs or maintenance. As a part of this unholy injunction I've been messing with this little time waster.
    You may have noticed that I now have a 'recent comments' bit in the sidebar, for example. I searched and I searched and I searched for the code for that. I could have saved myself the time and gone through the Blogger Dashboard. Still, it's pretty nifty, huh? I particularly like the way that the first bit of the comment floats around when you run the cursor over the appropriate spot. (What do they call that floaty roundy thing, anyway?) Fucknose why it does that, but it's pretty nifty.
    I had a girlfriend who used to say that - every time. Probably why we're an ex-couple.
    Still, I can be like the big kids now and have summarised posts. Of course, that means the posts have to be long enough to warrant summarising, so this will probably be the only time that I do it. Oh well.
    There's also a couple of links added to the bottom of the sidebar which are supposed to increase my traffic, make my teeth whiter and give me more intense orgasms. I'm a bit dubious about some of their claims, I don't see how they're going to whiten my teeth, but we'll see. It's a bit academic, really. I don't give a Rat's patootie how many people read this, as long as somebody does, I'd hate to just stand here and scream into the dark.
    Finally, you may have noticed that I've sold out. Yes, sad to say, but I've gone over to the Dark Side. I've been in touch with Google and decided to take their thirty pieces of silver. Actually I doubt whether I'll get that much out of them. This, too, is an academic exercise. They don't actually tell you how they work out how much to pay you. Well, they give you the general idea of how they do it, they just don't give you the numbers. I'll give you the numbers, though. Every now and then, probably when somebody asks, I'll put the figures up here so that you can all writhe in envious anger/ laugh and point at my futile effort to become a new age media magnate.
    There's a few more things I want to do while I've got my masculine practicality mojo working. The sidebar is getting to be longer than a Russian novel. so I'd like to have drop-down menus for the blogroll and SGP standings, just to shorten it up a bit. Should make the load time for the page shorter, too(?) I haven't been able to work that one out yet, but I'm indomitable. The sidebar seems to be too wide to me, so I'm going to have a go at skinnying it up a bit. I think I could do that, but maybe it's trickier than it looks. I love that the Template page has a 'preview' button.
    I'd also like to create a bit more of a personalized feel to the whole page, change the banner, put a background image in etc., but I have no clue about that. I'll work it out eventually.

    13 Comments:

    Blogger Hooch said...

    Give me a yell if you want any help "purtifying" (that was purtifying, not putrifying) the banner.

    (I read, I just don't often comment. But I do read. And laugh.)

    7/29/2005 03:14:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    You're hired. Well, favoured, anyway. Well favoured, too :-)
    In other news, I jumped into the template with both feet, but couldn't get the sidebar to do what I wanted it to. Nevermind, I've just had an idea for the background. It's risky, but I live for thrills.

    7/29/2005 03:24:00 pm  
    Blogger Hooch said...

    Throw me an email and I'll see what (inexpert) advice I can offer :)

    7/29/2005 04:01:00 pm  
    Blogger cantellya said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    7/30/2005 12:03:00 am  
    Blogger cantellya said...

    Ha Ha Dirk, very funny! My brother's rebuilding his truck & putting a diesel engine in it--can't find the mounts. Thanks for the site--I'll pass it on. David Bowie scares me. He's not right....

    7/30/2005 01:45:00 am  
    Blogger Tony said...

    I enjoy Ziggy and HD, but after that it's pretty slim pickings, although Heroes is not bad.

    8/01/2005 11:22:00 am  
    Blogger adrian said...

    Dirk, like your new layout. But the contrasting colours need work. Like the colour of sidebar items needs to standout. Sorry for being picky, it's the draftsman in me.

    8/04/2005 03:14:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Couldn't agree with you more Adrian, trouble is that I ran out of interest. Next time I get a burst of enthusiasm I'll fix it up.
    And Tony, about the only work of Bowies that I really enjoy is his production work for Iggy and the Stooges.

    8/05/2005 01:52:00 am  
    Blogger weezil said...

    David Bowie has more talent in his left nut than most musos from the last 10 years combined. Kid you not.

    If you don't like David Bowie solo, try Tin Machine at max volume until your ears bleed.

    8/05/2005 07:32:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    David Bowie has more talent in his left nut than most musos from the last 10 years combined.
    No, he doesn't. He thinks he does, which is a different thing.
    try Tin Machine at max volume until your ears bleed.
    It wouldn't have to be very loud to make my ears bleed; the forks I jammed in them to make the noise stop would do that.

    8/05/2005 09:32:00 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    David Bowie is a saint suck my cock I'll murder your family douche bag

    9/30/2008 04:16:00 am  
    Anonymous Frazey said...

    Ferry beats Bowie ANY day.

    7/24/2009 05:46:00 pm  
    Anonymous I LOVE BOWIE in spanish said...

    man at least bowie gets up his fatass now and again... u should learn how to make some good music and you'll have the right then to make such an idiotic statement.

    10/29/2009 12:24:00 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home