Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Sunday, November 14, 2004

    Aunty goes bogan

    I don't sleep well. Never have. I consider it to be a good night's sleep when I get four consecutive hours in. Because of this, when I go to bed, I leave the telly on one of the music stations or the 'cable' radio stations, so that I have something to listen to when I wake up. Last night, I left the telly on ABC to listen to Rage.
    It would seem that last night was the official Night Of The Bogan; f'rinstrance, right now Cold Chisel is playing. Some other 'highlights' include Suzi Quatro, Motley Crue, Poison, Ozzie Osbourne, Alice Cooper and the gods of Boganology - The Radiators.
    Of course, they also played my first crush - The Runaways, with Cherie Curie strutting around in her lingerie, made me feel young again.
    I'm going to work.
    Stop Press: The Angels are now playing.

    12 Comments:

    Blogger Hooch said...

    Wasn't it great! hehe Of course, they also had some modern bogans in there as well, like Jet and The Datsuns and The Donnas. I missed the Rads (I will admit to buying their "Best of" album a few months ago though). Ahhhhh... makes me all warm... oh hang on, maybe it was just all that flannelette :)

    11/14/2004 06:57:00 am  
    Blogger rat said...

    groovy :-)

    11/14/2004 04:03:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Right after I turned the 'pooter off they played acca dacca and then, if not the actual gods of boganology, then certainly the archangels, Rose Tattoo. I remember at a Rose Tattoo show in 1980 something at the Astrodome in Traralgon a guy doing the Latrobe Valley Headbanging dance head-butted the front of the stage so hard that he knocked himself out. Nobody else noticed.
    Hooch,
    didn't hear Jet, thankfully. I've only ever heard one song of theirs worth listening to and I've heard enough of it. Big fan of the Datsuns though, surprising they can even breathe in those jeans, though. I want to marry the Donnas, sorry I missed them, they are the female Ramones (who also got a play, obvious song choice, certainly not their best. In fact most of the songs were obvious 'skim the playlist until you see something familiar' picks. Sad, really.
    Adie,
    it would appear that we are in good company.
    Rat,
    I think the word you are looking for is 'ace'.

    11/14/2004 05:15:00 pm  
    Blogger Hooch said...

    Yeah, I can cop the criticism of Jet... for some reason the songs of theirs I like least are the ones that get the most airplay. But I still think they're fun (and preferable to the multitude of gangsta-rappin-mo-fo-in-generic-rnbers that seem to clog the music programs).

    I saw the Datsuns at the last BDO and man!! apart from being fantastic, they're jeans were even tighter than we believed possible!

    My favourite award for tight jeans will still go to Tex Perkins, who I saw in the very early 90s at the Jet Club, and his jeans were so tight that his fly would not stay up. I cannot think of him without thinking of his crotch. Or something...

    11/14/2004 07:51:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Adie,
    I'm what's known in clinician's circles as 'a shallow bastard'. If you're there and have interconnecting body parts and there is beer, I'll want to marry you, eventually.
    Hooch,
    I've got a couple of Cruel Sea albums and some Beasts of Bourbon, but I've never caught Tex live. One thing I have noticed is the fact that his local supermarket apparently doesn't sell shampoo.
    Or conditioner.
    Not all of us are obsessed with crotches.
    Isn't that an ugly word?
    'Crotch' that is.

    11/15/2004 01:21:00 am  
    Blogger Tony said...

    CC was my first crush too. 1976. Cherrie almost flashing a tasteful glimpse of tit. Sexy.

    11/16/2004 10:39:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Tony,
    apart from being sex on legs, CC also introduced me, via a cover of 'Rock and Roll' on their album, to Lou Reed and thence to The Velvet Underground.
    I think I was the only kid at Mirboo North High who had even heard of them.

    11/16/2004 04:55:00 pm  
    Blogger Tony said...

    Ditto here with the small town. I'm pretty sure I was the only person up in Wickham (in the Pilbara) who knew about the VU.

    11/17/2004 02:12:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Tony,
    Wicham's a mining town isn't it/
    You know there's a pub in BrisVegas called The Wickham?
    They do a different kind of drilling there.

    11/18/2004 01:26:00 am  
    Blogger Tony said...

    Yep. Wickham's the port town for Robe River. They mine iron ore.

    I've been past the Brizroy Wickham. Classy joint by the look of things.

    11/20/2004 09:22:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Tony,
    the wickham is very classy indeed, if you prefer the company of gentlemen.

    11/21/2004 08:32:00 am  
    Blogger Tony said...

    Don't be harsh, Dirk. Gentlemen who prefer gentlemen always dress well.

    Of course, I am sitting here in fully butch tatty trackys.

    11/21/2004 11:46:00 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home