Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Wednesday, July 21, 2004

    Honest John

    So Donald McGauchie is the new chairman of Telstra. He's a farmer. I don't care. On the wireless today John Howard was asked if it was a political appointment. In keeping with ATI policy I haven't bothered to get a transcript but I can remember the gist of it:
    Interviewer: Was it a political appointment?
    JH: Of course not, he was appointed by the board.
    I: But you appointed the board, didn't you?
    JH: No, the board is appointed by the shareholders.
    I: But, isn't the government the majority shareholder?
    JH: Well..., yes, but...(spin, spin, spin.)

    I really don't give a rat's arse who's the Telstra chairman and neither does anybody else I know. Telstra is going to be fully privatised and nobody is going to change that. I don't think that it's a very good idea, I don't subscribe to the whole economics-is-God thing that seems to be the go these days. I think the point has got to be reached eventually when you have to stop and ask yourself why there needs to be a profit in every human interaction. (If anybody can explain this to me I'd be very interested in hearing from you, but don't bother if you can't do it without statistics) Offhand, I can't think of a single instance where my quality of life has been improved by the privatisation of anything.

    But that's by-the-by. What annoyed me was Mr. Howard reverting to lawyer-type by not answering the question in a straightforward manner. Of course it was a political appointment. So what? What's the point of being in politics if you can't make a political appointment? It's not as if any other party is so pure that they would refuse to do the same thing. I really don't like Mr. Howard, which may or may not colour my opnion of his actions. I do try to be objective, but any time something happens and there is room for doubt, I find myself on the opposition benches - and not very happy with the company I find there. The above interview goes a little way to showing why I distrust our P.M. Even if he isn't being dishonest in the Webster's sense of the word, he is being deceptive. Or attempting to.
    I firmly believe John Howard is a liar, for one reason; in 1996, prior to the Federal Election, somebody*, I think it was Kerry O'Brien (cue the cynical outbursts from the RWDB's) was interviewing John about privatising Telstra and after a period of evasion which would make the above exchange look like "yes", Mr. Howard said"If I am elected, my government, or any future government of which I am leader, will never,ever(his bad grammar, not mine)(this time) sell more than one third of Telstra." On The Country Hour earlier this year, Mr Costello, our Treasurer was quoted as saying "Full privatisation of Telstra was always the plan, a partially privatised entity just doesn't make sense."
    One of them is a liar, I know who my money is on.

    *Research it yourself, I'm not your fucken slave.

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've got news for you mate and it's all bad. All politicans are liars. Period. Remember the mantra by Labour fixer, Graeme Richardson - Whatever it takes. The Liberals call it - the Art of the possible.

    I imagine this new bloke is a kiss-off to the Nationals in order to get the most out of Telstra before it's privatised.

    The worst kept secret amongst teleco types in my cab at the moment, is once privatised, Telstra is slated 'For Sale'. On the market because of its shithouse performance of late. Basically, compared to Optus, it's a market dog.

    7/22/2004 03:12:00 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yeah, well said... and let's face it anyone who's not over 50 knows howard is a moronic, well a least boring as bat sh - it ...F- u - c - k e- n C - u -n - t.... but most pollies are.

    But what is most alaming with the Telstra sell off thing - and most folks have never ever considered this, is that when they sell to "whoever" - "whoever" gets a whole gammit of personal information about the clients.. ie us phone account users; including where you live and your bank details if you pay by direct debit or what not. It's worth a mint to marketers and data miners.

    7/23/2004 12:29:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    I'm not terribly concerned by the privacy thing, Optus, Vodaphone and whoever else is on the market these days have access to the same kind of information. I'm more concerned that when Telstra is fully privatised, the service levels to the bush will drop. After all, you don't see too many Vodaphone antennas around these parts.

    7/23/2004 03:26:00 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home