Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Friday, November 11, 2005

    50ish things you didn't know, care or want to know about me. Which is in no way a meaningless time filler because I couldn't be bothered trying to

    Wow. There's a limit on the length of titles. Who'dathunkit?
    Anyhoo, here goes:
    1. I don't like my family all that much, my Dad and my niece excepted. I think it must be genetic; Dad has eleven sisters and only speaks to one of them.
    2. I have lived in every mainland State and Territory. The A.C.T. sucks.
    3. My eyesight is deteriorating. Old already.
    4. A doctor once told me that I probably had a brain tumour. I did nothing about it. That was eighteen years ago.
    5. My brother (who is four years older than me) threw me through a plate glass window when I was four. I crucified him on the tines of a metal rake the next day.
    6. I haven't fought with my brother since I was sixteen. We both were in hospital for a couple of days afterwards.
    7. I have had the same three recurring dreams for thirty years.
    8. I regret not having kids.
    9. I can think of no viable proposition for a decent mother for those kids in my past.
    10. I've been tongue-kissed by a cop, who also stuck a hand down the front of my pants. She was on duty at the time. My girlfriend wasn't amused.
    11. I failed an army medical when I was twenty. At the time I was training about fifteen hours a week and had about 7% body fat. They thought that I had asthma. I had to start using inhalers ten years later.
    12. I've been stabbed. By a stranger.
    13. I don't 'get' quantum physics. I can tell you about fermions and tachyons and how Higgs's Boson is only a concept which may not exist, which was designed to endow sub-atomic particles with mass. I can tell you that, right now, you probably have neutrinos released from the Sun passing right through your body. But I don't 'get' it. I don't think anybody does.
    14. I get overly involved when watching sporting contests. I can't watch sport without barracking for somebody and it immediately becomes vital to me that they win.
    15. I used to be a very poor loser. Nowadays, I'm a poor loser.
    16. I am a ruthless competitor. Funnily enough, I'm not a poor loser in participant sport; I'll kill your grandmother if I think it will give me an advantage during the game, but it's out of my system when the final siren blows.
    17. I had blood tests done about eighteen months ago to check for possible causes for my deteriorating eyesight (20/20 in eyechart tests. Must have been bloody good when ah woor yoong). Apparently I've had Ross River Fever for quite some time.
    18. I worked with a bloke who had two mates named Arthur and Ross. Whenever it was wet and there was mud-slogging to be done, one of his mates; Arthur Ritis or Ross River would turn up and give him the day off. He used to forget which leg he was limping on.
    19. I grew up in the hills in Victoria. It was nine miles, fifty-four corners and six hundred feet in elevation down the hill to the next town. I could do it in 5'45" seconds post office to post office in either direction, both on the Mongrel Bike and in the Maltese Ferrari.
    20. I never attracted attention to myself in towns, but used to do a lot of illegal racing between towns. I never lost a race.
    21. A mate and I were out for a ride one weekend and stopped at a pub in Bruthen (or Buchan, I get those two confused.) We were just ordering our second beer when a cop came in, wanting to know who was riding those two bikes out the front. We shut up and he went away. Turns out he'd been chasing us since Bairnsdale. We didn't know anything about it.
    22. I haven't had a sick day since the nineties.
    23. Injuries don't count.
    24. I have scars on every major body part except for my back and bum (which is getting more major lately).
    25. I am a genius.Officially. At least I was, according to the Victorian Education Department. As part of some vast social engineering experiment carried out by Da Man to better allow him to subjugate the masses, I and the rest of my year had to do IQ tests when I was twelve, fourteen and sixteen. The genius level for these particular tests was arbitrarily set at 140. My results were, in chronological order; 149, 146 and 142. Which probably means that these days my IQ is about 35 and plummeting.
    26. I like doing favours for random strangers. It makes me feel good.
    27. I was a good cook. I seem to have lost the skill.
    28. That's close enough to fifty for me.

    9 Comments:

    Blogger rat said...

    heh, i'll agree with that. very colourful, and interesting :-)
    what's a maltese ferrari?

    11/11/2005 05:38:00 am  
    Blogger ChickyBabe said...

    I want to hear the story about being tongue-kissed by the cop! :D

    11/11/2005 01:49:00 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes Chickybabe, we all look forward to that being posted!

    11/13/2005 09:42:00 pm  
    Blogger FXH said...

    mmh - hills - Gippsland or Otways?

    11/14/2005 09:36:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Hey Paul,
    welcome aboard, always room for one more.
    Rat,
    tell you later.
    CXB,
    consider it done.
    Steve,
    ditto
    FXH,
    a little itty bitty town which is now ten miles from the Grand Ridge Brewery.

    11/14/2005 04:04:00 pm  
    Blogger FXH said...

    aah Mirboo. Now it's a yuppie "retreat". Funnily I tasted some of the Grand Ridge Stout at the Show and noted it wasn't availble in many stores. Next day I walked into one of the local grog shops and there it was - so I grabbed a few.

    I'm from the Otways.

    11/15/2005 07:14:00 am  
    Blogger adrian said...

    Great post Dirk, looking forward to the remainder.

    11/16/2005 01:40:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    FXH,
    I went to school in Mirboo North. I've never tried Grand Ridge's wares. It supposed to be pretty good, though. The site belonged to Murray Goulburn when I was a young tearway.
    Adrian,
    I hope you're patient.

    11/16/2005 04:49:00 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I nearly went to high school at Mirboo North. I knew you and I had been geographically close (although not at the same time), but I didn't realise it was that close.

    12/14/2005 11:56:00 am  

    Post a Comment

    << Home