Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Wednesday, August 24, 2005

    Toys

    I'm not one of those people who rush out to buy the latest toy. Hell, I only bought my first 'pooter about eighteen months ago. This being the case, you will not be surprised that I never got around to buying a DVD player. On the spur of the moment last Saturday, I thought I'd buy one. You can get them for about $130 dollars these days, but they were pretty dodgy sounding brands and so I employed the same principle I use when buying tools; pay more once rather than buying a 'bargain' every year. The half-decent ones started at about $250. A PS2 was $280. You can play games as well as DVDs on a PS2, so guess what I bought? Plus an extra $20 for the DVD remote. Forgot to get a memory card, though - d'oh!
    I bought two games; the only two that I'd ever heard of in the shop - Gran Turismo 4 and Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas. Yes folks, in the bush you can still buy items weeks after they've been banned, Let me tell you, games have changed a bit since 1997, which was the last time that I paid any attention to them. Because I was sans memory card*, I didn't get very far through either game, but here's a quick impression of each of them.
    First GTA; how funny is that? Don't be gettin' all up in my face about it incitin' vi'lence, Biatch, or I'll pop a cap in yo' punk ass. Yo. They swear and everything. How tough is that? And participating in drive-by shootings and armed hold ups can only be a positive experience.
    Two Mac10's up.
    Back in the day (which is a silly phrase, but it fits) I used to like driving games. I was good at them. Really good. I'm not good at GT4. Really not... good. It's a whole big fat bunch of fun, though. How else am I going to get to race a Karmann Ghia around the Grand Canyon, or a Honda NSX racing car around the full length Nurburgring. Piece of advice, turn off the driver aids - it's a bit harder to keep on the track when your going over bumps and hills, but it gets rid of most of the understeer when you're late into a corner. It's still bloody difficult to get the back out, though.
    Next week in Breaking Technology, we tell you how to use a tripod Ipod. Whatever.

    *And devoid of talent.

    6 Comments:

    Blogger cantellya said...

    My mind took a vacation--but it felt nice to be missed---thanks...
    We just bought a Play Station 2 (for the kids) but it also plays DVD's, which is cool. Happy toy-ing. Hee hee. You said toys. :)

    8/24/2005 05:22:00 am  
    Blogger rat said...

    i've got a few earlier versions of grand theft auto, heaps of fun, and like you say, the ps2 plays dvds as well.

    8/24/2005 05:31:00 am  
    Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

    The only game we had was "Pong" from Atari...

    I guess I'm showing my age.

    I do have the MS Railroad Simulator and that's kind of addicting, and very realistic. I've only derailed my locomotive twice this week!

    8/24/2005 05:23:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Cant, good to see you up and about again - I missed you.
    Rat, how much fun is it to walk up behind someone who isn't even a character in the game and have him be all "yo mutha fucka, don't be walkin' up on me like that or I'll go upside yo' haid!"
    Ranger. 'pong' was the only game I had for years, then I got all sofistimicated and bought a Commodore 64 which came with a submarine simulator. Bloody involving.

    8/24/2005 05:51:00 pm  
    Blogger rat said...

    heh, i never tried that. but i did have to quell the urge to drive on the wrong side of the road and run over pedestrians

    8/25/2005 05:24:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    That's fun, despite the disappointing lack of blood and entrails displayed.

    8/25/2005 03:23:00 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home