Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Tuesday, April 26, 2005

    What I Did On My Holidays Long Weekend

    Which I actually got to have. Impressed? I was. I had from Wednesday to Monday off. Which isn't so good when you think about the three or four weeks of nightshift without a day off that preceded it. Ah well. Feel sorry for me? Callous bastards. Anyhoo, on the first of thge days off I did quite a lot of sleeping, serviced the ute, fitted a set of UN approved blue light driving lights which are OK, but I don't really think they are that much of an improvement over the old style ones. Maybe I'm just old skool. So old skool, in fact, that I spell old school 'old skool', all NWA stylee. Oh yeah, I also got really drunk with the Irishmen (we've got a set now).
    Thursday I headed for Gladstone. No particular reason, I just wanted to get away from the farm. The farm is on the west side of the highway. I have a time honoured technique for deciding where to go when I have time off - on the way up to the bitumen I let go of the wheel. If the old girl pulls to the right I go down into the sin and iniquity of NSW, if she pulls to the left it's sunshine, lollipops and Qld. I left my run a bit late so didn't stop and take piccies on the way up. I should have, the area between Roma and Tarroom is pretty good looking.
    So I get to Gladdie (unannounced, as usual) and stay at a friend's place. Only to find that it is their daughter's sixteenth birthday on Saturday night. So I'm already down the price of an ipod and didn't even get a hangover yet. My little mate Dan's worth it, though. Sometimes I wish I had kids. She had a party at some sort of teen hangout thingy that had teen stuff in it. Rumour was that there was going to be a bunch of gatecrashers so I got elected bouncer. Pfft, what a gyp. Only about half a dozen gatecrashers and only a couple of those even put up a fight. Ripped off. although why you'd put up a fight to get in is beyond me.
    Anyway, photo time. Big fuckin' boats.
    Every time I go to Gladdie I go to the marina to check out the boats and dream. Not so much about these sort of boats, though.





    A real boatMore like this one, or this one.





    MarinaOf course the marina's real pretty, but 'sep for the coal loading facility in the background.





    HarbourThe harbour is very pretty, even though it is also Queenslands busiest port.





    Note tuff driving lightsOn the way home I took the scenic route through Many Peaks to Monto, including this killer climb. Through Monto and Eidsvold Cracor, then to Theodore and the quick way home.





    Reef HotelBloody Hell, I nearly forgot! If you click on the link for this photo, have a look for the large building near the top of the hill with the blue fascia around the top. It's the Reef Hotel. I worked there for about eighteen months when I first went to Gladdie. It's a dive, but we had a good time.

    8 Comments:

    Blogger Hooch said...

    Very pretty. And this break sounds like it was far easier on the body.

    Braver man than me (ummm that didn't come out right!) to face a group of 16 year old girls/women hyped up on sugar.

    4/26/2005 03:58:00 pm  
    Blogger rat said...

    nice piccies. i like the way you pick your holiday destination, very zen

    4/26/2005 06:29:00 pm  
    Blogger ChickyBabe said...

    I love the boat and marina shots. Sounds like a great holiday.

    4/26/2005 06:47:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Hooch,
    the girls are ok, it's the boys who want to look tough/cool by hanging out with/annoying the bouncer that were giving me ideas about self-vasectomy.
    Rat,
    it works ok on the bike,too. Unless you hit a rock.
    CB,
    ta, I had a great time.

    4/27/2005 02:14:00 am  
    Blogger adrian said...

    That Windward Star is one pretty ketch. But what's with the square masts..?

    4/29/2005 02:28:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Yeah, that's my favourite too. I like ketchs, they look more adventure-y than sloops. Don't know about the masts, though. I didn't notice them at the time. Maybe it's just a trick of the camera - I had the resolution turned right down for faster loading speeds. I might increase it a little bit in future.

    5/01/2005 01:09:00 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Shouldn't that be left to NSW and right to QLD?

    5/02/2005 07:21:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    FX,
    not from the western side of the highway, ol' son. Left to God's country and right to purgatory.

    5/02/2005 04:56:00 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home