Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Wednesday, January 05, 2005

    Thanks, FXH

    So, I'm having a go at this W:Bloggar thingy. We'll see.
    What I want to tell you about today kiddies, is one of the less fortunate events I was forced to suffer through over the christmas period. You see, it wasn't all sweetness and light and conspicuous consumption; ohhhh no. I was forced to suffer through an abominable experience, one I feel sure that the gubment doesn't know about or there would be legislation introduced into parliament to outlaw the practice. I am of course talking about the disturbing habit some teenagers have of watching Mary-Kate and Ashley movies.
    I did manage to escape very early on in the piece and with the help of a few counselling sessions and much beer imbibing, I feel that I am now ready to talk about my experience. The aforesaid movie is apparently a road movie. Because of my extraordinary powers of perception, I was able to deduce this quite early in the piece as a) all the action took place in a motor car - quite a nice motor car actually, spoiled only by the presence of annoying teenagers,b) there was frequent mention in what can only be loosely described as 'dialogue' of the recent acquisition of Drivers Licencs and c) just in case you still didn't get it, there were frequent interjctions into the conversation of "Roadtrip! Woo!" with attendant arm waving and high fives.
    I don't know what happened after that; by this time I had realised the apalling depth to which I had sunk in my depravity and took steps to rectify it.* This is the first time I have seen any of the Olsens work since they were little, alledgedly cute, kids on Full House, or whatever it was.
    I had, of course seen magazine articles about them (Which one is anorexic, at least, which one admits she is anorexic?), I had problems trying to work out their popularity then; now I'm completely confused.
    They can't act, they can't dance, they can't sing and they've got heads on them like robbers dogs. They look like a Saturday Night Live parody of stereotypical California mallrats, right down to their Gladstone small pigeon necks.
    What's to like?
    I'm so confused.
    Meanwhile, I'm outta here again, cop you later.
    *Actually, I'd been snoozing on the couch when the horror started. The steps to rectification consisted of a) getting up and b) leaving the room. Pretty easy, really.

    5 Comments:

    Blogger Stumpy said...

    That sort of trash that passes for entertainment, makes you wonder what it’s doing to the behavioural patterns of young girls.

    The line between fantasy and reality is so blurred for some people.

    At least you weren’t so tanked you couldn’t move, imagine lying there “help me help me” as your brain starts to rot from within.

    Come to think about it, could explain a lot about Americans?

    1/06/2005 06:46:00 pm  
    Blogger Tony said...

    Dirk, is there a reason your posts are in different font? Or is it another one of those Firefox / IE things?

    1/07/2005 06:37:00 pm  
    Blogger stilt said...

    the fonts thing might be because M$ Word puts bad bad shitty bad and generally bad formatting into blogger if you cut and paste. Solution - write in Word so you can save and spellcheck etc, C&P into Notepad (strips out the formatting) and then C&P into blogger.

    1/10/2005 09:14:00 am  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Dirk, do yourself a favour and move to Typepad. Blogger is for tyre-kickers. You're a true blogger now so reward yourself and get professional. Typepad is a free Basic start-up and has a cheap monthly plan for Immediate and Advanced.

    Regarding teenage girls and movies, there is a whole genre called chick flicks. And it's scary ! Don't-go-there ! All 15yo girls go thru a disconcerting stage with older men, for a year of so. Ignore the uncomfortable implictness of their gestures and later enjoy their company as adults, thankful you didn't react. I know I did. Phew... JAFA.

    1/10/2005 12:16:00 pm  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Stumpy,
    I've never been so crook that I couldn't crawl away from that shit.
    Tony/Stilt,
    the fonts thing is because I was playing with my new W:Bloggar toy that FXH told me about. I picked a font with a noice name and gave it a go without previewing it. Not a mistake I'm likely to make again.
    JAFA,
    maybe one day when I get really irritated I'll give typepad or one of the other platforms a go, but if it costs anything at all, it'd want to do my dishes and make coffee in the morning.

    1/10/2005 03:05:00 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home