Blogs []
Fresh meat
  • A Coyote at the Dogshow
  • A Pictorial Record of Life in New England
  • Astryngia
  • Burnett's Urban Etiquette
  • Club Troppo
  • Cute Overload
  • Dad's Garage
  • Dennis The peasant
  • Desmoblog
  • Jack Sparks
  • Jennifer Marohasy
  • Larvatus Prodeo
  • Rock'n'Roll Damnation
  • The Engels Empire
  • The Road to Surfdom
  • Veni Vidi Blogi
  • Yorkshire Pudding
  • Zemblan Grammar
  • All the usual suspects
  • A beer sort of blog
  • Across The Pond
  • A Dervish's Du'a'
  • A.E. Brain
  • AGB
  • Alexander the Average
  • American Drifter
  • Arseblog
  • Artopia
  • As Confusion Sets In
  • A Western Heart
  • Baghdad Burning
  • Barista
  • Bastards Inc.
  • Big Words
  • Bills Backers of Virginia
  • Birdparty
  • Bitchin' Monaro
  • Blithering Bunny
  • Blogjam
  • Boring Like A Drill
  • Brave Our Burbs
  • Catallaxy
  • Chapter 5
  • Chez Milady
  • Chicken or the egg
  • Clublife
  • Courting Disaster
  • Crazybrave
  • Culpepper Log
  • Culture Strain
  • Cunt's Corner
  • Currency Lad
  • Daily Flute
  • Dawei
  • Dead Guy, the cartoon
  • Dead Money
  • Eggsbaconchipsandbeans
  • EvilPundit
  • Ferret Nest
  • Flop Eared Mule
  • For Battle
  • Free North Korea
  • Galleycat
  • Gavin Dixon
  • Glorious Leader
  • Harleys, Cars, Girls and Guitars
  • Hecho En Mexico
  • Hog on ice
  • Hooch's Spot
  • Hungbunny
  • I Didn't Mean To, But...
  • Intergalactic Hussy
  • Jack The Ripper and Me
  • Jason Mulgrew
  • Jerry Pournelle
  • Khmer 440
  • Kick 'n Scream
  • Kong is King!
  • Knotted Paths
  • Kurdo's World
  • Landownunder
  • Luscious LaJuana
  • Madhab al-Hirfy
  • Major Anya
  • Man Of Lettuce
  • Mensa Barbie
  • Merawala Thoughts
  • Morsels from my meandering mind
  • Neanderpundit
  • Northcote Knob
  • Operation Eden
  • Paul & Carl's Daily Diatribe
  • People Who Need To Be Glassed
  • Post Secret
  • Prison Pete
  • Professor Bunyip
  • Random ruminations of an antisocial mind
  • Redneck review
  • Russian Marketing
  • Scary Personals
  • Sick, sad world
  • Skippy
  • Soul's road
  • Spreegirl
  • S'truth
  • Supermercado
  • Tavern Wench
  • Tequila Mockingbird
  • Texas Trifles
  • The Blues Blog
  • The Brisbane Window
  • The Dick List
  • The Fat Guy
  • The Line Of Contempt
  • The Public House
  • The ramblings of a redneck Diva
  • There Ain't No Sanity Clause
  • The Spin Starts Here
  • The Time Always Comes
  • Touch My Nibbles
  • Ubersportingpundit
  • Vitriolica Webb's Ite
  • Victim of Narcissism
  • V's spot
  • Waiterrant
  • Watchdog of the Wankers
  • Where Are My Socks?
  • Wicking
  • Yobbo
  • Yorkshire Soul
  • You Have Got To Be Kidding






  • Speedway Standings []
    2006 FIM FIAT VANS BRITISH SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 03.06.06
    1 2 CRUMP, Jason 25
    2 8 JONSSON, Andreas 20
    3 11 HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 18
    4 5 HANCOCK, Greg 16
    5 6 PEDERSEN, Bjarne 12
    6 1 RICKARDSSON, Tony 10
    7 13 ZAGAR, Matej 9
    8 9 NICHOLLS, Scott 8
    9 10 LINDBÄCK, Antonio 8
    10 7 GOLLOB, Tomasz 7
    11 3 ADAMS, Leigh 6
    12 12 RICHARDSON, Lee 5
    13 15 IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 5
    14 4 PEDERSEN, Nicki 4
    15 16 STEAD, Simon 3
    16 14 PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 3


    SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX 2006

    1st CRUMP, Jason 20 25 25 25 95
    2nd HANCOCK, Greg 5 20 20 16 61
    3rd PEDERSEN, Nicki 25 14 16 4 59
    4th GOLLOB, Tomasz 18 9 18 7 52
    5th HAMPEL, Jaroslaw 4 16 8 18 46
    6th JONSSON, Andreas 8 5 10 20 43
    7th ZAGAR, Matej 9 18 4 9 40
    8th RICKARDSSON, Tony 16 6 4 10 36
    9th ADAMS, Leigh 10 7 11 6 34
    10th NICHOLLS, Scott 9 9 5 8 31
    11th PEDERSEN, Bjarne 5 6 7 12 30
    12th LINDBÄCK, Antonio 9 2 6 8 25
    13th RICHARDSON, Lee 8 4 0 5 17
    14th IVERSEN, Niels-Kristian 2 6 4 5 17
    15th PROTASIEWICZ, Piotr 1 3 3 3 10
    16th LINDGREN, Fredrik - - 7 - 7
    17th KASPRZAK, Krzysztof - 6 - - 6
    18th STEAD, Simon - - - 3 3
    19th FERJAN, Matej 3 - - - 3





    Archives []





    Enter your email address below to subscribe to Arm The Insane!


    powered by Bloglet


    I should get one of those IM thingos.I got one of those MSN messenger things. Fucked if I know how it works, but. In the meantime try my new

  • email
  • address. Please.., I'm so lonely.


    I don't know what Clix is, but I'll give it a go.



    Every family needs a farmer


    Saturday, September 23, 2006

    Stupid fucking Firefox decided to update itself midway through writing this post

    Therefore, if you find you find the writing a little lacklustre (or should that be lacklustre-er?) I suggest that you get in touch with the Mozilla Corporation and vent your spleen at them. Spleen-venting should be a regular event in any case. I find it therapeutic.
    Anyway.
    What I was writing about was the things that have been happening in my life to cause my sporadic trickle of posts to dwindle down to a few reluctant drops which just won't let go no matter how hard you shake.
    Long term loiterers will be aware that on my recent holiday I met a Lovely Lady. Said Lovely Lady has come to figure quite significantly in my life. Indeed, if I am not careful, the 'L' word may come into play and we can't have that, can we? I mean, I'm a rough, tough outback bloke™ and we just don't use language like that.
    paradiseThe Lovely Lady works for a scuba diving school in Nha Trang in Vietnam. Apparently she doesn't find this at all onerous. Can't say that I blame her, either. Looks passable in the picture, anyway.
    After I came home from my holidays the Lovely Lady stayed in Melbourne for a few weeks sorting out some personal stuff and then flew up here to spend a few more weeks with me. Yes, flew up. I didn't know Lightning Ridge had an airport either. Took her from eight in the morning until after nine at night, on three progressively smaller 'planes. The last one looked like a VW with wings. Never say die. Whilst she was here we had the occasional chat with each other and the Lovely Lady decided that she would see out her contract in Vietnam and return to live here with me. Remember what I said about the 'L' word? Well even worse than that, the 'M' word might have been given a run. I'm nervous just alluding to it.
    Anyway, I took another week off and we went to the Sunshine coast for a few days, via the Bunya mountains. Bonzer trip, worth a post of its own, pertickerlerly the day we spent at the Australia Zoo. At this stage I will just say that there was an admirable lack of mawkishness at the death of Steve Irwin and that everybody should go there at least once in there lives - it really is brilliant. I dropped the Lovely Lady at the airport and even managed to get a little misty as I watched her boarding her flight.
    I drove straight home, arriving here at about ten-thirty, to start work at six a.m. the next day (Wednesday). I had something of an epiphany on Friday as I was performing my allotted tasks.
    not paradiseThe Lovely Lady works in paradise and has a job there for as long as she wants. Pays bugger-all, but with very little debt to cover, who cares. She was going to give up paradise to live here. I thought that this was perhaps not the most sensible idea that anybody ever had, certainly it isn't an option that I would relish, so I have decided to pull my sign down here and try my hand in Vietnam. Apparently they are crying out for people to teach English over there. However, I have also heard that as well as a TEFL/ TESOL accreditation, you also need a uni degree. I have put out a few feelers today and am awaiting a reply. The Lovely Lady is putting out feelers in Nha Trang. Apparently she can tip me into giving the locals swimming lessons, but this would be at best a sideline. She is also keen for us to do some volunteer work teaching English to homeless kids, which sounds like a satisfying way to pass the time.
    Then again, it may all come to nothing.
    I hope not.

    10 Comments:

    Blogger phil said...

    sounds all pretty damn good. I have friends doing TESOL o/s, not sure about the uni prequal though. doesn't life throw you up some strange opportunities? all the best.

    phil

    9/23/2006 03:17:00 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You can speak english? The idea of that accent superimposed on a vietnamese accent makes me giggle.

    9/23/2006 07:54:00 pm  
    Blogger rat said...

    dude, sounds fantastic to me.

    sure, it may come to nothing, but then again, it may not. life is too short not to find out :-)

    looking forward to hearing your tales from vietnam

    9/24/2006 07:10:00 pm  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have to comment, if only because my word verification was

    *vomet*

    I can only reiterate what rat said... stuff about being too long dead, racka racka. You know the deal.

    I'm really hopeful for you :)

    9/24/2006 08:53:00 pm  
    Blogger FXH said...

    good luck. sounds good.

    Putting out the feelers 'eh. heh. nudge.wink.feelers.

    9/25/2006 02:37:00 pm  
    Blogger FXH said...

    I don't know about Viet but having an offspring working in Asia teaching English I know most places need a basic uni degree.

    With your experience you might do betetr hooking up with some of the AUSAID farming / agriculture Projects.

    9/25/2006 02:40:00 pm  
    Blogger Chief Bastard said...

    The last time someone from my work said they were going to Vietnam, the question was asked if they were going back to pick up brass.
    Anyhoo, I have heard that it is slightly different since the tourist divers clammered where the gunships once had been.
    A change is as good as a holiday, although it would be good if you could the blog running.

    9/26/2006 03:38:00 am  
    Blogger Dirk said...

    Phil,
    I should find out whethe uni is a pre-requisite tonight.
    og,
    wot accent yew torkin' about, ya flamin' mongrel?
    Rat,
    you never never know.
    Hooch,
    is that word verification or a commentary?
    FXH,
    AUSAID would be interesting except that a) I want to be in Nha Trang and b) I want to be paid.
    CB,
    ten points to the first Sepp (Or non cricket fan) who gets the reference.

    9/26/2006 03:58:00 pm  
    Blogger rat said...

    hehehe now who's quote was that?
    "you'll never never know if you never never go" or something like that

    9/26/2006 07:04:00 pm  
    Blogger FXH said...

    dirk- AUSAID pays for it's workers. It's not Volunteers Abroad. Check out the website

    9/27/2006 02:16:00 pm  

    Post a Comment

    << Home